My passion is nursing education. Both my master's and doctoral preparation center on development of leadership in the nurse faculty role. I hold a current Registered Nurse license in Indiana and Illinois with clinical experience as a staff nurse at Deaconess Hospital, Evansville, IN on the Neuro / Medical ICU and at Methodist Medical Center, Peoria, IL on the Surgical ICU and Open Heart Recovery unit. I teach mainly in the undergraduate nursing program where my expertise in creating optimal learning environments is utilized for supervision of the Dedicated Education Units and placement of students clinically as a clinical coordinator.
- Dedicated Education Unit Liaison
- Undergraduate Nursing Program Admission and Progression Committee
- QSEN Consortium Faculty Intensive-USI Representative
- College Inter-professional Education Committee
- Nursing Research Consortium, USI Nursing faculty representative on the Education Subcommittee and member of task force to create mission and goals, 2014- present
- Recruitment, Retention, and Recognition Council- St. Mary's Medical Center, USI Faculty Representative 2016- 2017
- Nursing Quality & Safety Shared Governance Council- Deaconess Health System, USI Faculty Representative 2013-2014
- Therapeutic Dance program director and supervisor for Indiana Arts Council Grant, Evansville ARC Child Life Center 2003- 2013
- Industry consultation- Linking Critical Thinking and Safety in High Reliability Organizations. B & W Nuclear Operations Group.
- Nursing Consultation- Redesign of Preceptor Program. St. Mary’s Medical Center.