As an organic chemist I am interested in understanding chemical reactivity and using this knowledge to develop novel methods to synthesize new molecules with potential applications in other fields. At USI I have published manuscripts on novel experimental synthetic work, undergraduate laboratory exercises, and instructional techniques. New projects in each of these areas are currently being investigated. In addition potential future projects have been
identified that will provide ample opportunity for scholarly activity.
- Synthesis of C-glycosides of 2-amino sugars 2006 – present
- Synthesis of Selenoglycosides 2009 – present
- New organic synthetic methods for reductive amination 2008- present
- Synthesis of hydrogen storage molecules 2009 - present
- Development of unique organic laboratory experiences based on current research literature 2008-present
- New teaching methods for college level chemistry classes 2007-present
- Reviewer for Journal of Chemical Education (2 x article), The Journal of Undergraduate Research (article), The Chemical Educator (article) and The Proceedings of National Conference on Undergraduate Research
- Reviewer for Midwestern Association of Graduate Schools (thesis), Indiana Academy of Science (grant proposals), Organic Chemistry by Smith (textbook), Organic Chemistry by Klein (textbook), Sapling Learning (online homework system)
- Member of the American Chemical Society 2002 - present.
- Divisions of Organic Chemistry and Chemical Education
- Member National Association of Advisors for the Health Professions 2009-present
- Member of the Indiana Academy of Science. 2008 - 2012
- Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry 1995 – 2002.